fbpx
Podcast2023-11-14T06:04:15+00:00
A voice and beyond podcast cover

Welcome to A Voice and Beyond. This podcast is dedicated to self-care, personal development and personal growth targeted at the voice community. In the interview rounds, you will be inspired by healthcare practitioners, voice teachers and music industry professionals who will share their stories, knowledge and experience in their specialized fields. In the solo round episodes, my goal is to help you as a member of the voice community learn how to increase your levels of focus, productivity, confidence, energy and change your mindset to live your best life and best serve your students.

Join us on YouTube

Visit the A Voice and Beyond Youtube channel for guest interview playbacks and to see my welcome video.

#160. A Masterclass in the Art of Focus

In our modern, fast-paced world, the struggle to maintain focus has become increasingly difficult for all of us, impacting various aspects of our lives. One reason for this challenge is the constant bombardment of information competing for our attention. From our smartphones buzzing with notifications to endless streams of information on social media platforms, our attention is constantly being pulled in [...]

#159. The Truth about Singing: Mythbusting with Chris Johnson Part 1

The internet is a minefield of information, but it is also rife with misinformation, and when it comes to voice teaching, as an industry, we are not excluded from the bombardment of information. Whether it’s a YouTube video, an Instagram post, a TikTok video, or a post on a social media forum, there is an inundation of misinformation regarding how [...]

#158. Unleashing the Inner Champion Within with Veronica Karaman

This episode is proudly sponsored by The CCM Vocal Pedagogy Institute, offering comprehensive training for singing teachers and voice specialists. Dive deeper into the science and art of voice pedagogy with their unique programs. Visit www.ccminstitute.com to learn more.This week on "A Voice and Beyond," we're thrilled to introduce our inspiring guest, Veronica Karaman who wears many hats as the [...]

#157. 5 Ways to Stop Wasting Time

This episode is proudly sponsored by The CCM Vocal Pedagogy Institute, offering comprehensive training for singing teachers and voice specialists. Dive deeper into the science and art of voice pedagogy with their unique programs. Visit www.ccminstitute.com to learn more. In a world where productivity is often equated with completing tasks on a to-do list, it's crucial to redefine what true productivity means. [...]

#156. Time to Legitimise Contemporary Commercial Music (CCM) with Jeannette LoVetri

This week on A Voice and Beyond, I am very excited to introduce this week’s very special guest, Jeannette LoVetri, who, by the way, needs little introduction as she is one of the most recognised and highly acclaimed voice teachers from around the world. Jeanie is my CCM inspiration, and I wanted to honour her and the work that she [...]

#155. Honouring Discomfort – A Journey to Empowerment with Cristina M. Ramirez

This week on A Voice and Beyond our very special guest is Cristina Ramirez, a serial entrepreneur who brings her empowerment curricula to audiences everywhere across the United States. Her programs have been implemented across 41 states to over 10,000 individuals, ranging from children to executives. A veteran of Wall Street and Silicon Valley, Cristina is an award-winning coach, the best-selling [...]

#154. Mind Matters: Strategies for Battling Mental Fatigue

This week on A Voice and Beyond, we discuss the impact of mental fatigue and how it significantly impairs cognitive function, decision-making abilities, and overall success. Mental fatigue has been proven to reduce concentration, productivity, and problem-solving skills while disrupting emotional regulation and increasing stress levels. Furthermore, chronic mental fatigue can lead to burnout, threatening your ability to attain long-term goals [...]

#153. The Pursuit of Identity with Giji Dennard

Our guest this week on A Voice and Beyond is Giji Dennard, whose journey began with the pivotal moment of meeting her father for the very first time at the age of 17. This encounter sparked a lifelong passion for understanding and fostering healthy father-child relationships, which have become her professional signature. Giji's speaking prowess first ignited in high school, [...]

#151. A Cautionary Tale About Alcoholism with Andrew Culkin

Many of us enjoy a drink after work, I love having a drink on the weekends, but at what point does our relationship with alcohol become problematic? Our guest this week on A Voice and Beyond is Andrew Culkin, author of Amanda: A Cautionary Tale of Alcoholism, which speaks the truth about alcoholism not only from the perspective of the [...]

#150. How to Develop Your Winning Edge in 2024

According to research, 80% of people are not practicing their New Year's resolutions by the end of January. Chances are you may be one of those people, but my intention through this episode is to check in with you and help you become one of the 20% who have that winning edge in 2024. I am going to give you four [...]

#149. How to Identify and Eliminate Limiting Beliefs with Shelly Lefkoe

According to the Journal of Clinical Psychology, over 40% of adults will try to change their behavior at some point this year, and 92% will fail to keep their commitment. This week on A Voice and Beyond, our guest Shelly Lefkoe is going to help unlock the superhuman in us that is stuck in a maze of self-made beliefs that [...]

#148. Unlocking the Power of Your Brain in Survival with Ashok Gupta

This week on A Voice and Beyond, our guest is ASHOK GUPTA, an internationally renowned speaker, filmmaker, and health practitioner who has dedicated his life to supporting people through chronic illness and achieving their full potential. Ashok is also a leading expert in the field of neuroimmune-conditioned syndromes (NICS) and the mind behind The Gupta Program. With a background in [...]

#147. Brain Health Matters with Heidi Moss Erickson Part 2

As a society, it appears we are simply not coping with today’s work and life demands, and the pandemic has further amplified what seems to be an epidemic of stress, anxiety, depression, and other mental health concerns in our population. This week on Voice and Beyond, we welcome back to the show Heidi Moss Erickson, an acclaimed performer, voice [...]

#146. Brain Health Matters with Heidi Moss Erickson Part 1

As a society, it appears we are simply not coping with today’s work and life demands, and the pandemic has further amplified what seems to be an epidemic of stress, anxiety, depression, and other mental health concerns in our population. This week on Voice and Beyond, we welcome back to the show Heidi Moss Erickson, an acclaimed performer, voice [...]

#145. A Creative’s Journey: My Interview with Miriam Schulman

Earlier this year, I was interviewed by Miriam Schulman, host of The Inspiration Place, a podcast where Miriam offers education and inspiration to others who are on their creative journeys. Miriam believes that the creative journey is a thrilling adventure, and it's filled with ups and downs. It's about taking risks, stepping out of your comfort zone, and embracing your unique [...]

#144. The Fictionalized Reality of Medicine With Dr. Michael Young

If this episode doesn’t convince you to start taking a preventative approach to your health, I don’t know what will! According to our guest this week on A Voice and Beyond, Dr. Michael Young, our healthcare systems are being dictated and controlled by multi-national corporate structures, such as pharmaceutical companies and insurance firms, and as a result, we, the general [...]

#143. Your Voice: Your Identity with Dr. Belinda McMahon Part 2

Have you ever wondered why some voices sound authoritative, nurturing, energized, or motivating? What are the various vocal qualities required for different situations? This week on A Voice and Beyond, we welcome back our special guest Dr. Belinda McMahon, a singing and spoken voice teacher and researcher in the field of vocal identity, for part two of her two-part [...]

#142. Your Voice: Your Identity with Dr. Belinda McMahon Part 1

Have you ever wondered what your voice says about you? Well, this week on A Voice and Beyond, we welcome as our special guest Dr. Belinda McMahon, a singing and spoken voice teacher who holds a PhD from Macquarie University in Sydney, Australia. This is part one of a two-part interview with Belinda as she discusses her fascinating research [...]

#141. Awaken the Power in Your Voice – Interview with Rush Dorsett

Last month, I had the privilege of being interviewed by Rush Dorsett as part of a brilliant 14-day virtual summit. The Awaken Your Voice Summit is an annual event targeted at professional and emerging performing artists and voice users seeking alternative pathways to awaken the power of their voice to communicate (singing/speaking/writing) more clearly and effectively. The Awaken Your [...]

JOIN MY COMMUNITY

Title

Go to Top